A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Last 5 Next 10 Vol IV: Tying up Lewis ends.

I have less than a month now before I return to my substitute teaching schedule otherwise known as my day job.  I  still have 2 night jobs and plenty of things to do during my off hours but I have found  the time to get some reading in and am ready to report on my recent accomplishments in that regard.

Last 5 Books


I am using my HDOLL rating system.  Each books falls somewhere between hate and love with dislike okay and like coming between those extremes.

Magician's Nephew - C.S. Lewis







Why I chose this book: C.S. Lewis is by far my favorite author and The Chronicles of Narnia is by far my favorites of his books. Each year, I reread the entire series.   This year I am reading them in Narnian chronological which is why I am starting with The Magician's nephew.

Type: Book (read myself)

How Obtained: I have several copies of this book, this copy I obtained when our church decided to no longer have a church library and gave away all their books.

Rating: Loved. 


World of Wonders - Aimee Nezhukumatathil






Why I chose this book: On a trip to Barnes and Noble I saw that this book was their 2020 book of the year.  It seemed interesting, so I ordered it from our local library.  

Type: Book (sometimes read to myself, read some chapters to my wife.)

How Obtained: As stated I ordered this book  from my library. My wife went to pick up the book for me and realized that we gave a copy of that  book to our daughter for Christmas. She decided to let the library lend their copy  to the next person in line and I read my daughter's copy.

Rating: I loved this book.

Sooley - John Grisham






Why I chose this book: My wife borrowed this from the library and recommended it to me as she knows I'm a big fan of Grisham and basketball.  

Type: Book

How Obtained:  Borrowed from my local library.

Rating: Between okay and liked. I'd give a fuller review but I'm afraid to ruin the ending and Grisham has already beat me to the punch on that score.


The Horse and His Boy - C.S. Lewis









Why I chose this book: as part of my annual reading of the chronicles of Narnia.

Type: Paperback Book

How Obtained: I own several copies

Rating:I love this book.

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis








Why I chose this book: I chose this book as part of my annual reading of Chronicles of Narnia.  I decided to listen to it and listened to it mostly while getting steps.

Type: Audio Book (Cloud Library)

How Obtained: borrowed from my library using Cloud Library

Rating: Love this book

Note: To anyone who thinks I goofed on the Narnian Chronologcal order, I did not.  I listened to most of this book prior to reading Horse and His Boy,  as it takes place beffew minutes of wardrobeore the very end of Lion Witch and the Wardrobe.  When Aslan leaves near the end of the book, I read Horse and His Boy and  then listened to the final few minutes of Wardrobe

2021 Book Stats as of  7/19/21

Previous estimate as of  7/06/21 31.22  books by the end of the year, 

After I finished Defenders Vol I yesterday I also finished book # 16 for the year.  This is fairly common as I am often reading multiple books at the same time.  I'll include that book in my next post but will include it in my projections for the year.  

Current estimate as of 7/19/21 After reading 20 books in 200 days I'm on pace to o read 36.5 books  by the end of the year. 

 

10 Books I'm  Reading or Planning to Read Soon



God's Forgetful Pilgrims - Micahel Griffiths 

A Gospel Worthy of Your Life - Bill Mills

Laura Ingalls Wilder , A Storybook Life - Janet & Geoff Benge

Farmer Boy - Laura Ingalls Wilder

News of The World - Paulette Jiles

Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder

The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis

Essential Defenders Vol II

The Answer is ... Reflections on My Life- Alex Trebek

The Big 50 Chicago Bears - Adam L Jahns


No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip