I made these predictions on Sunday but did not post them. I also went against conventional wisdom on both picks. I picked Spain to beat France, but frankly, I was pretty sure I was wrong. I was very surprised when I tuned into the game yesterday after running errands and saw that Spain was ahead 1-0. I was astounded when they went up 2-0 and stifled France at every turn. If you didn't see the game here is a recap:
The Recap video is no longer available
In today's game, I have picked England over Argentina, which is very much a case of going with my friend's heart over my own head. I have a dear friend who has dual citizenship in the U.S. and England. After Argentina's miracle over Egypt it seems strange to pick against them. However, I think England can beat Argentina I'm just not sure if they will. I then picked England over Spain but now I am not so sure as I wasn't prepared for Spain's total dominance over the French. Either way the next 2 games should be an amazing finish to a very eventful World Cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment