A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hows that for six word Irony?

Time once again for ...



My Six:



Coworker Fired during employee appreciation week.
 
I have been working at a chemical plant since July in addition to my gig as home educator. Some of our assignments at the plant give us the chance to talk with each other as we word .  Recently I overheard 2 of my co-workers becoming acquainted with the other.  They discovered that they had both worked for the same company at about the same time and knew some of the same people. That is when one of my co-workers mentioned he was fired during employee appreciation week. 

It was all I could do to keep from laughing.  That image of getting canned during the week chosen to celebrate employees has stayed with me. 

If you have six words to share or simply want to see what others out there are sharing click here.

14 comments:

vivinfrance said...

Poor co-worker.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear how sad.

restlessjo said...

Busy, happy kids. Some lovely shots to cheer us up.

Ron. said...

HA!
I hope Some thing good happens in our office the next time Natioanl Secretary Day rolls around.

Elaine - I used to be indecisive said...

That seems hugely unfair. Poor employee - hope he can laugh about it now.

Anonymous said...

wow, the irony is maddening

Unknown said...

Irony can sometimes be quite ill timed, I guess that's what makes it irony though

retired not tired said...

My daughter told me her new boss applied for the job her old boss got. Talk about irony.

Linda said...

We had a co worker who was fired on Christmas Eve one year...and we all felt so badly for him. What a way to ruin Christmas!

Hope you will have a Happy Saturday!

Linda

Unknown said...

That does seem a bit ironic.... definitely shows you that employee was NOT appreciated!

21 Wits said...

Well, if they have to go- what better time right!

Kate said...

Linking through from Six Word Saturday. I love the irony!

Becca said...

Awww that's just mean :(

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

HOPPING OVER FROM CATE'S.....THAT WOULD BE A HARD THING TO LISTEN TOO AND NOT LAUGH & THEN THAT AWKWARD MOMENT OF YEP I WAS EAVESDROPPING LOL well i was not you LOL.
thanks for the laugh I want to stir clear of employee anything now!!! ~Janice~

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip