A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Do What I Did - Valentine's Day Advice

Poetry Friday is upon us once again. It is at Reflections On The Teche this week. I am entering this post from Valentines Day.


 

If You Want Your Love Story

To Have A Happy End

Do What I Did

Marry Your Best Friend

 

If A Diamond

Isn’t Really Her Thing

Do What I Did

Buy An Emerald Ring

 

If Your Fiancée

Doesn’t Need A Lot of Folks

To See Her Wed

Don’t Do What I Did

Just Elope Instead

 

26 Years Ago This Valentine’s Day

We Got Our Marriage License

And I’m Here To Say

I’m So Glad I Married My Best Friend

I Did What I Did

And I’d Do It Again


I wrote this earlier this month based on a prompt at my poetry group.  I gave it to Amy on Valentine's day.  Each time I read it I'm reminded of the work OF P.D. Eastman.  This is probably because I think MY NEST IS BEST because of the bird I share it with.


For More Poetry Friday click here.

5 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

I did what you did and it has lasted 41+ years. It only gets better.

Rose Cappelli said...

So glad you gave this to your wife. I did what you did, too!

Susan T. said...

I did, too! Happy anniversary. Thanks for sharing your Valentine poem with us.

Patricia Franz said...

OMG, Dave, this is so sweet! Love the repeating refrain, the wisdom, and the end makes me smile. Happy Anniversary!

Carol Varsalona said...

Dave, what an endearing valentine poem. Happy Anniversary. I like that you did what you did! May many more anniversary wishes come your way in future years

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip