A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, August 29, 2013

BILL WATTERSON: A cartoonist’s advice from Zen Pencils

I recently became aware of this Bill Watterson style cartoon at Zen Pencils, drawn to go with words to a 1990 commencement speech Watterson gave his Alma Mater, Kenyon College during the time he was producing Calvin and Hobbes cartoons.

I can really relate to this strip, as I have always followed the road less travelled  in my "professional" career.  I think this has led many people to not "get me" over the years including family members. This was actually before I "stopped working" altogether and taught my children at home.  After that, people really didn't know what to do with me.

Watterson's sage advice paired with these wonderful drawings really encouraged me that even though I am ending my 5 year journey as a happy SAHD, that  my path on the  road less travelled will continue to make all the difference.

Next Time: Being Paid to watch Saturday Night Live

1 comment:

C T said...

That was a terrific cartoon. Thanks for linking to it!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip