A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Six words after Christmas



2 New Cameras 1 New Phone





Had a very merry Christmas. We did something new this year giving each other only 1 gift per person from each person. We knew that between grandparents, aunts and uncles the kids would be lavished with gifts and we did not need to pile on.

Each kid spent their own money for the gifts they gave. Allowing Amy and I to get what my dad used to call "the biggie."

Charlie and Emma received cameras. So if you ever happen over to their blogs (Emma, Charlie) expect to see lots of pictures of bunnies and Star Wars Lego Sets respectively.

I wasn't totally surprised to receive a telephone this year. We had washed my last one and I was in need. However the type of phone floored me. We have never had any kind of phone with a contract before it has always been pay as you go. My new Samsung has internet access, a camera (that also takes video, a GPS, a pastry chef, and a word processor. Amy wanted me to have something that I could use when I got a blog or other creative idea that worked better than a Taco Bell Napkin.

I have to go now and register for the graduate school course I will need in order to master the intricacies of this phone. Hope every one's Christmas was as good as ours. Skip on over to showmyfacedotcom to see more of Six Word Saturday.

Next Time: A Cool Use For A GPS

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

I am glad your Christmas went so well! Good luck with the phone. :)

WeeSally said...

Ohh a very techy christmas. :)
Happy Boxing Day and Happy SWS

Call Me Cate said...

I absolutely LOVE giving a camera to kids. It blows my mind to see what they take photos of - sometimes I want to have a kid JUST so I can give them a camera. Perhaps a bit extreme...

Glad you had a great Christmas. Hope the New Year is kind to you as well. Thanks for playing 6WS and for generally being a name I look forward to seeing each week.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip