A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Haven't been posting for a while. As my lovely wife shared in her recent guest post, I have been busy living. Today was no different. We had a Cub scout meeting tonight. Charlie is in the same cub scout den as his cousin who is 9 months older and 1 grade ahead of him. Charlie should really be a wolf bus since Bobby is a Bear, they are both Bears. We drive about an hour each meeting to get into Bobby's town and then an hour back. It makes for a long day and Charlie has not been too keen on all the travel.

But tonight was a little different. Tonight's pack meeting was the meeting where the Webelos kids become boy scouts. It was a 3 hour dinner/ceremony with entertainment afterwards. During the celebration all the Webelos's kids crossing over to Boy Scouts got to shoot an arrow into a target. Charlie loves archery and took some videos of it with my camera. Here is one of them . . .

After the shooting is over, the kids get to keep the arrow.

So I know that is a lot of talking before I get to my six words. SO here they are.

Charlie wants to get an arrow.

This means that Charlie doesn't want to quit Cub Scouts at the end of the year like he's been talking about for a while. I am not sure exactly what that will mean because the travel is exhausting. Perhaps we will switch him to a local pack next year. I will keep you all posted.

For more Six Word Saturday, head over to show my face dot com

Next Time: the Z double O

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I remember those days. I'm glad to be where I am now...AND my adult kids. LOL

6 Word Saturday

Brian Miller said...

that is awesome. i have two boys myself and thinking of scouting in the coming year...

brandi said...

~go get him an arrow...my one has a love for archery...we joined a local sportsmen club and it has been wonderful experience...brightest blessings~

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Only boy in our village to get kicked out of the cubs :-(

Not my fault the bat slipped...it did mend.

Olivia said...

What fun! We're headed that way with our boy as well. We love scouts!

Call Me Cate said...

Aww, good for Charlie that he's enjoying it. And good for you that you're too busy living life to blog about it. Still, thanks for playing 6WS!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip