A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, February 11, 2010

You haven't seen ... ?!!!!?

Time again for Things this Thursday.

Thing # 1. Films seen and unseen




I watched the movie Hello Dolly last night. I had never seen it before. The movie is based on a musical which is based on Thornton Wilder's play the matchmaker. I think I saw the play in high school. I know I read it (Yes I used to read plays for fun!).

The Movie Wall-E was inspire by Hello Dolly and actually includes footage from the film. This made me even more interested to watch it. I enjoyed Hello Dolly. It is funny, and poignant. It made me wonder how I missed it all these years.




This got me to thinking about movies that seemingly everyone has seen except you. These conversations used to happen at work. I would be sitting with my coworkers and some movie reference would come up and everyone would talk about how great a movie that was and one person would have never seen it. I remember one guy had never heard of Rain Man, it was strange.




One movie I never saw was Platoon. When it came out all my friends said I should see it but no one would see it with me. They had already seen it once, and said it was too powerful to watch again.




If there are any movies that you have always wanted to see, that seemingly everyone except you has watched, leave a comment or post about it and link here.







Thing # 2 Dance Class Fever


Lucy is loving her ballet class. She loves to spin around and play all the dancing games with the other girls. It is definitely the highlight of her week. Her first recital is in May and she is so excited.


Thing # 3 CTRL
This past week I have discovered a quirky web based t.v. show called Ctrl. It stars Tony Hale who recently played the ultra nasty Emmet Milbarge on Chuck. The first 10 episode which originally ran last summer are about 5 minutes each in length and are available in their entirety at Hulu.
The basic premise of the show is that Iced Tea and computer keyboards don't mix. I have seen 8 of the 10 episodes so far and encourage you guys to check it out.


Thing # 4 Sickness Disease Update
I appreciate all the encouraging feedback I received about my posy regarding Amy's recent unexplained medical issues. It seems we have hit upon an explanation. The chest pain and arm pain seem connected to GERD which is like acid reflux. Amy is going to review this with her doctor next week, and hopefully that will be that.


So, those are the things this Thursday. I encourage you to come join the fun.


Next Time: Six Word Saturday



















1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

I suppose I should see Titanic...someday...
Actually, we've been on an old movie spree lately. My youngest enjoyed her first time seeing Dr Dolittle with Rex Harrison and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. My oldest enjoyed And Then There Were None, The Man Who Came to Dinner and Barefoot in the Park.

Maybe we'll see The Goonies. I've never seen The Goonies.

Peace and Laughter!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip