A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, April 9, 2010

Washington D.C. Trip Day 1


It's Six Word Saturday time.

My 6 Words: My journal from our Washington Trip


Dos semanas pasado (not sure how I remembered how to say 2 weeks ago in Spanish) We left on our trip to Washington D.C. I wrote in a journal every day while we were gone. Over the next few weeks I will


Today was a fast paced high stress day. Had a 110 or so last minute details to attend to before heading out of town at 3 p.m.

Among other things I/We . . .



  • Drove Amy to work so we could pick her up at the end of the day and head out of town.

  • Put brake fluid in my car fir the first time ever.

  • An hour before we left, I received 500 baseball cards I had won on Amazon. Not enough time to even begin to wade through them. Oh well, they'll be home waiting.

I was about 10 minutes late for picking up Amy. otherwise all went off without a hitch. So far we have only forgotten thing of little consequence. Drove about 5 1/2 hours to Dayton, Ohio.


Ate dinner at KFC, had the buffet. We would eat at that KFC again, but the buffet was a little pricy and with the time constraints we were up against, it wasn't the best choice. Although they did have Okra, vegetable of the gods.


Got to Dayton about 10:30 Eastern time. Our Motel 6 lights were burnt out, so we are pursuing litigation against Tom Bodett. Heading towards Walton Museum area tomorrow.


That's Day 1. More to come in the future. For more 6 word Saturday head on over to Show My Face Dot Com


Next Time: Jelly Belly Time






5 comments:

Caroline said...

I loved my trip when I was a Sr in High School. I wanta go back someday beautiful there and so much to see.
Happy 6WS
Caroline

Olivia said...

I love D.C. Happy 6WS!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

amanda said...

I loved my trip to Washington when I was doing thesis research for university...14 years ago. I really need to get back there!

Linda said...

I have never been there...perhaps someday!

Glad you could go.

Have a good Sunday...(I'm slow at reading SWS. (:>)

Call Me Cate said...

DC is awesome and it sounds like a great trip. Thanks for playing 6WS!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip