A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, August 2, 2010

Blog Class

Three Weeks left until school starts!






I am starting to get ready for our home school co-op for this fall. I will be teaching a class on blogging and yes I have been consulting the above referenced book for a few pointers. One thing I will be emphasizing in the class is Internet safety. I will be instructing my students not to use their own names on their blogs. To that end, I will be no longer using the names of my children and replacing them with nicknames. My oldest will be called by the not surprising moniker, bunny girl. My son will be known as Spider Droid to combine his love for Star Wars and his previous passion for Spiderman. My daughter with the penchant for Lucyisms will be referred to as Princess puppy. (Lucyisms will be referred to as puppyisms)



I blog using blogger and will be teaching my students this platform. One of the things I like about blogging is the ease of removing or editing previous posts from blogosphere. In the weeks to come, I will be editing past posts and replacing the kids names with their nicknames.

I am excited about the class. I have created a new blog just for the class, but will still be linking things here as well.



Next Time: Blah Blah Blogging

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and your class! If our experience last semester was any guide, you should have a blast.

Do you know who is in your class, yet? It looks like I'll have 8 or 9 students this year, ranging in age from 8-14yo, pretty evenly mixed between boys and girls. Do you think your students would like to share blogrolls?

And one last question: Are you familiar with Challenge Yourself to Blog? I am thinking about trying that, to see if my students can find a wider audience this year. (I hope to be working on a post about it soon.)

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip