A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, December 2, 2010

One Last Christmas

Mommy's Idea


Friday Fragment time is as easys as 1-2-3, Episode 123, that is. I have decided to save the title fragment for last because if you are anything like me you will be bawling so much you won't be able to defragment any of the other sundry items.

The 2006 2007 t.v season was the last season that we were able to watch television the old fashioned way (via airwaves). Since then t.v. shows have only been seen on the television via d.v.d's on the computer via sites such as hulu.The 2006 2007 season was the first of four seasons for the show heroes. For whatever reason, I didn't see any part of the show in it's 4 year run. In the past 3 weeks I watched every episode of season 1 on dvd's borrowed from our local library.

I just borrowed season 2 today, so I must have liked Season 1. I did. But it was certainly much different than imagined. I was thinking kind of a super heroes among us light hearted romp.

Light hearted? Not so much. As I watched each episode I was reminded of one of my favorite lines from City Slickers : "Let's think back on what we've buried so far."

Lots of death, lots of blood, lots of gore. I always had to watch it away from my children. It is strangely compelling and does use excellent storytelling. But come on guys, tone it down on the crazy watchmaker dude!
***********************************************************************************
There are some things I can't tell you, but there be some exciting in our home school lives in the coming future. Some of the stuff will probably not pan out, but I will tell you all about it when I am more free to talk about it. One thing I can say now, that I will be posting far less this month as Amy and I are going to be working on some book ideas.
***********************************************************************************
This week I discovered the most amazing teaching tool of all time, The Dry Erase Board.

It's amazing! It's revolutionary. If it only sliced and diced vegetables, I'd hawk it on late night television.





Seriously, it rocks. I use the 1 pictured above on the wall. I use a smaller one at the table. All the kids love using them. I am going to buy 2 or 3 more tomorrow. I was telling the kids the night before I bought them, about the concept of the parking lot. You know, where you put ideas and questions that you are going to get too later. When I brought the boards home the first thing Spider Droid wanted to do was start a parking lot.
***********************************************************************************
I was on facebook today when I saw a link for the video below. I usually don't watch videos on facebook as I am usually too busy playing Farkle and Tetris. I made an exception for this one and was moved to tears.

The video and the song are a tribute to the Locke family from Washington, Il. whose son Dax died from Leukemia Dec 30, 2010.



To find out more about this family click here. The Family is trying to raise 1.6 million dollars to donate to the hospital that treated for their son. The money would run the hospital for 1 day. To donate go to Matthew Wests site.

***********************************************************************************


That's all I have for today, fragmentally speaking for more Friday Fragments head over to Half Past Kissing Time.

Next Time: Six Word Saturday, The Video

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Those dry erase boards are great. My husband has a little one in our bedroom that he uses to write notes about his sports teams wins. I use one on my Sunday School class.

Stopping by from Friday Fragments. Here's ours:
http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2010/11/does-this-sound-sick-to-you.html

The Crazy Coxes said...

White boards rock! All of our schools have switched over to dry erase boards. The really cool thing is that you get to use different colors!!!!

Great video! Good thing you put it last!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love dry erase boards! They really are wonderful.

Saralyn said...

I "park" at One Note. Have you tried it? Cuts down on all of the notebooks I had lying around.

Kristin - The Goat said...

My friends posted that video on FB. Whew! It's amazing how many ways one can watch TV without having to pay the cable fees. My husband and I havent' done that yet, but we really should.

Kristin _ The Goat

Matty said...

I love those dry erase boards. Been using them for years.

That is quite a story about Dax. What a courageous family.

writingbee review said...

what a great post! i really like it and wanted to say thanks for sharing!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip