A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

30 Hour Famine Guest Post

I have invited a girl from our co-op to write 2 posts about an upcoming 30 hour famine she is participating in. She will write a follow up post after the event.

Journey to Fasting




My name is Brie, I am a 16 year old, high school, homeschool student eager to learn about a slew of different things. I am the worship leader for my church youth group, and I am passionate about learning more about the Fathers heart, and studying His word.


Another passion of mine is serving people in any way possible. Whether it’s babysitting, praying for them, or even just helping someone to their car, serving has always been a huge passion and part of my life.


My youth group and I have recently taken up a large serving opportunity together. We want to see God’s kingdom move and we want to be a part of it. So we are all binding together and taking apart in World Visions ’30 hour famine’.


We are trying to raise funds to aid our dear brothers and sisters in Africa with the recent droughts and famine. Then, on June 1st through the 2nd with whatever funds we have collected, and are going to fast and pray for 30 hours straight. Afterwards we are all going to have a giant feast (since we’ll be starving of course) and then we are going to combine whatever funds collected and send them to World Vision!


In all honesty, I have no idea what to expect, but one thing's for sure, I will trust completely in God’s provision, because he’s never failed me before.

Thanks Brie it sounds exciting. If anyone out there is interested in supporting Brie in this effort, contact me and I will let you know how that can be managed.



2 comments:

Dave Roller said...

Good Job Brie, Looking forward to hearing how this helps you grow in your faith.

Adam @ World Vision UK said...

Just a quick message to Brie, its great to hear that you have taken on the challenge and we wish you every bit of success. Its always good to hear of people engaging in activities to raise money for the less fortunate.
We look forward to reading your post when you have completed the 30 Hour Famine.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip