A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Post of the week is ontime. Wow, I did that.

For the first time since I started Post of the week, I have turned one in a timely fashion.  The goal for Post of the week is for me to read the accumulated posts on my blogroll for a given week and choose one as the post of the week.

It is not necessarily the best post, just the one that is most significant to me. 





 This week we sold all our copies of Mystery of History at a curriculum sale.  This was a gutwrenching thing for me.  I taught the kids volumes I and II myself and Amy taught III this year.  It is a fabulous curriculum but due to other considerations we chose to sell them.  

Then Laurie Bluedorn of Trivium Pursuit comes out with a great review of the product and some thoughts on comments regarding the resource.  It easily became the Post of the week.  

Now that I have put two posts of the week together in a timely fashion, I hope to make it an everyday Sunday afternoon thing.  Time will tell.


3 comments:

KatyTrailCreations said...

Great Sunday plan. Dropping by on the Road Trip.

Sandy said...

Road tripping and found my way here. Not sure I follow what you're talking about, selling a cirriculum.

Brook Vessell said...

I have really enjoyed Mystery of History with my 7th grader. With my 11th grader we used Romans, Revolutionaries, and Reformers. Fascinating. I still haven't sold it as I want to do a more in depth study on it for myself, as some of it she did by herself and I felt I really missed the whole of it (I work full-time and homeschool). It's been over a year and its still sitting there...

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip