A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogging The Days of the Week Part II

Three Things This Thursday (3TTT) was once hands down my favorite meme in blog world. Then, I took it over. Michelle of Psalm 104:24 used to run it. In the summer of 2009 she asked me to take it over which I gladly did. It quickly went from being a labor of love to just labor. I made some changes to it but I never liked it as much as when Michelle was running it. After about a 3 month absence, today will be the final installment of 3TTT. Since it's the final installment I'll make it a very special triple edition.

3 Things I liked about 3TTT
  1. It was really easy to participate, as I didn't have to have any special theme.
  2. By writing about 3 things I could actually put 3 posts worth in one post.
  3. It gave me the ability to blog about things I would not normally.

3 Things I did not like about 3TTT

  1. I lost that loving feeling for it. It felt more like work than fun.
  2. Very few people participated in it.
  3. It cramped my style. Having a meme to write every week or every fortnight got in the way of writing the rest of my blog.

3 Things I learned from 3TTT

  1. Passion without purpose can become a drudgery.
  2. For now, I am a better meme participant than host.
  3. It's okay to stop doing something without considering yourself a failure.

Next Time: Bloggging the days of the week Part III.

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip