A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Alphabetical Fragments (and a Puppyism)

 AS IN FRIDAY

Last week,I announced I would probably not be  participating in the next few editions of Friday Fragments at Half Past Kissing Time.  My reasoning was that with 26 posts to write in 30 days time, I would probably not want to waste any of my ideas by consolidating them into fragment form. 

So, why am I here?  Well,quite simply, it is because  Friday and Fragments both begin with today's letter (which by the way is F).  I could not resist.  So, I decided to share with the Friday Fragments community some fragments regarding blogging A to Z.

Blogging A to Z, simply put is a blogging challenge.  You choose 26 words, one from each letter of the alphabet.  The fun started this Sunday and excluding the remaining Sundays of the month of April the alphabetical posts will continue until Z on April 30th. 

1,852 blogs signed up to participate at the A to Z Home Page. Many participants, like myself, are just making random posts using a different letter each time.  However, many blogs are centering their entries on a theme.

For my fragments this week, I have chosen 5 participating blogs that are sporting a theme and will provide a link to one of the entries they have already contributed.

ALPHA FRAGMENT A:

The first blog is right before mine in the list of participants.  Kimberly of Meetings with my Muse has an alliteration theme.  Each day she shares an alliterative sentence or two featuring  the letter of the day, and then opens up her comments for submissions.  At the end of the month she will be giving some amazon gift cards to some of the best submissions.  Here is her A post.

ALPHA FRAGMENT B

The next blog, is the Star Trek Science Blog. I believe it is the only blog on my blogroll that is participating in the challenge. It is also, I believe, how I found out about Blogging A to Z.  Oddly enough, they have a Star Trek them for their submissions.  I really enjoyed B is for Boothby, I hope you do as well.

ALPHA FRAGMENT C

One of my mini goals for this month is to visit 740 of the participating blogs.  This is because I am the 371st blog on the list.  So by looking at all 370 ahead of me and the first 370 after me I would get to 740.  I found Words and Pictures  while working my way back from 741.   The pictures, for this month anyway, are moving ones.  Yes, each day she posts about a movie.  This Tuesday, she wrote about Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

ALPHA FRAGMENT D

The next blog is one of the first 5 blogs listed at the main page.  Stephen Tremp of Breakthrough is basing all his posts on what is called the Goldilocks Zone.  I think this refers to the parts of this vast universe that will sustain human life.  I have found his articles very enlightening and encouraging.  I present D is for Distance

ALPHA FRAGMENT E

I actually found this next blog through the previous blog.  Stephen, perhaps in his role, as a co host of Blogging A to Z, gave a shout out to the Blog Gospel Driven Disciples.  I checked it out and Greg is blogging about the people, places and words of the Bible.  On Thursday he wrote E is for Eve.

AND A PUPPYISM

I usually can't get through a Friday Fragment session without a puppyism.  This is because Puppy can't usually go a day without a shareable nugget.  This morning I handed her math book and told her to go into her work department and I'd be right there to help her with it.  She looked at the assignment and started panicking.  "Subtraction!"  I can't do subtraction."  I told her to bring the book to the work department and I'd help her when I got there.  After I got Spider Droid started with his math I walked over to Puppy and saw that she had already started.  I asked her if she needed help with her subtraction and she said "no, this is just minusing."

That's all the fragments I have for today.  For more Friday Fragments click here.  For more  blogging A to Z click here.  Thanks for stopping by and make sure you come back here  tomorrow.  I don't want to give away anything.  I just want to state that I will be putting in my 25 cents worth.  In the radio biz, that's what we call a tease. 

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank goodness if the "Puppy" isn't good at subtraction she IS good at minusing!

Mrs4444 said...

I love, love, love that Puppyism. I'm glad you're recording them, as she will treasure them one day.

You might want to rethink that C goal, Dave. Had you had too much coffee when you wrote that? That's more than 20 blogs per day...

Wow--Kimberly is very talented alliterator. (shut up, spellcheck--I've decided that IS a word!)

Thanks for linking up! Happy Easter

Ciara said...

I thought I had a lot going on. Wow, how many blogs are you involved in. I love Star Trek. I'm following from A to Z. :)

nutschell said...

a great way to combine two blogfests!

Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

danneromero said...

clever way to take the challenge.. :D

Hootin Anni said...

That is really using the ol' noggin'!!!! Ingenious idea to use the "F" for fragmenting your week.

Excellent.

My Fragmented Hour --it'll knock your socks off

Wayne W Smith said...

You can not go wrong with a Star Trek Blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 20+ blogs a day plus a post. You are very industrious. The intro you offered to the other blogs was nice. I have been randomly going through picking based on the titles.

Your title caught my eye cause I'm a home school mom:)

Happy blogging!

Kimberly said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! I'm having a lot of fun doing the alliterations and really enjoying the ones you are coming up with!

I will have to go check out these other blogs you mentioned. Thanks for the recommendations.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip