A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, March 15, 2024

Attention All Poets: April A to Z Challenge is Coming.

AtoZChallenge theme reveal 2024 #atozchallenge #AtoZChallenge 2024


As today is Poetry Friday and also the penultimate day for  the A to Z 2024 Theme Reveal, I thought I'd feed 2 birds with one feeder (I'm a feeder not a killer) in today's post.  

Not everyone participating in Poetry Friday may be familiar with the A to Z challenge.  It's an annual challenge where for 26 days in the month of April you write about something with another letter in the Alphabet.  In addition to that you can coordinate all your posts in a theme.  For example, a few years ago, my theme was the songs of the Sherman Brothers who wrote songs for movies like Charlotte's Web and Mary Poppins.  More recently in 2022 my posts featured a limerick from every letter of the alphabet.  Many people over the years have used the theme of forms of poetry.  One of the best things about the A to Z challenge is the community of bloggers who will read the entries and comment on them.  In that way it's very similar to the Poetry Friday community.  Poetry Friday makes Friday the best day of my blogging week and the A to Z challenge makes April the best month of my blogging year.  I thought today I would encourage you Poetry Friday folks to consider the challenge this year.

This year my theme is Holiday's to see my theme reveal click here. To see my poem inspired by the Holiday, Take A Poet to Lunch Day, click here. For more about the A to Z challenge and theme reveal click here.

Poetry Friday is hosted this week by Tanita S. Davis at Fiction, Instead of Lies . Check it out!



6 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

This A-Z thing is complex! I've gotten such great ideas for National Poetry Month projects in my round-up today, but this is the first Narnia-related one, and I kind of love it! I also love the idea of taking a poet to lunch -- I wish I were quick enough to write a poem with the check, and leave it with the tip.

Here's to being one of the kind of poets who writes her poems down. I'm...working on it!
Thanks for taking part in Poetry Friday today - may you and your gorgeous family have a wonderful weekend (and good luck with your Narnia reread!)

Patricia Franz said...

I did an A-Z sprint last year for NPM - desert poems using different poetic forms. I likely will go in a different direction this year, but thanks for the link! Hope to visit and be inspired by the poetic goodness next month.

Denise Krebs said...

Dave, wow. Thank you for inviting us to the A to Z challenge. I saw evidence of it last year, but I didn't really understand. Now I've read a couple of your posts, and see how to participate. I'll think about it, for I do love the ABC's! (ABC book collector, Abecedarians are some of my favorite poems) However, I am not sure if I can commit--I do like to finish if I do commit...Thanks for the challenge.

Marcie Flinchum Atkins said...

This sounds fun! I'm still deciding about my poetry project for April (and mainly if I can even pull off a daily poem). But I'm cheering on everyone!!!

Whispering Peace said...

Fantastic theme you've chosen for the A to Z challenge! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the next letters of the alphabet.
https://whiskeyandwhispers.blogspot.com/2024/03/unveiling-my-atozchallenge-theme-genre.html

Birgit said...

This will be interesting and always liked April Fool's but that's an easy one to do

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip