A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, January 6, 2024

National Take a Poet to Lunch Day

 January 6, 2024 is Take A Poet to Lunch Day.  It was started in 1995 making today the 20th annual celebration of this event created by Professor Arnold Adoff. This link gives some good ideas of how to celebrate poetry on this day.  A few years back I found out about this day and wrote a poem to commemorate the occasion,


I Took A Poet to Lunch Today

I took a poet to lunch today

And there amid the verse

Our flow of thought

Was free and light

Not stifled, bland or terse


I took a poet to lunch today

And traded quip for quip

She scrawled a sonnet on her check

 And left it with her tip


If you can't take a poet to lunch today

Please don't wear a frown

We all write poems in our own way

And some just write them down.


A few years later I included the poem in a holiday poetry reading on my vlog.

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip