A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Six Word Saturday: Obvious to us edition!

I usually don't go ripped from the headlines here at HSD. But with all the rantings and ravings of one Charles Sheen. I thought my six words should be about what Amy and I and much of the Internet underground get that CBS and their viewership (It is the most popular show currently) don't get:

Very Simply, the show's not funny!!!!!!!!!

I have watched it on many occasions and have not thought about the possibility of laughing on one occasion. All 3 of the principals have been funny before and( if Sheen can keep off the stuff) can all be funny again. A few years ago the Internet was all abuzz with how dumb a show "What About Jim" was. What about Jim was certainly no Mad About You. But Two and a Half Men isn't even Patridge Family level!

It is too bad that it had take substance abuse to for the network of All in The Family,Dick Van Dyke, M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, etc ... to put two and a half men in the tank.

P.S. lest' you think that I think that there is no good comedy in prime time any more check out Hulu for the latest episode of Community. Community isn't even a show I watch every week. But this episode about a school election is a laugh riot from beginning to end.

For more Six Words click here.


4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

I'm with you here all the way! I've never been able to sit through an episode of Two and a Half Men. But Community? I'm not sure it gets any funnier for me.

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Linda said...

I haven't watched it...but then I usually just watch Grandma stuff Ha! (:>)
Love the Hallmark channel, the game channel, HGTV, cooking channel...you get my point!

Happy Saturday Home School Dad!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

21 Wits said...

I agree! But my hubby thinks the show is fantastic! I simply just don't get it...or how much he's actually been paid for each episode..it's a crazy world out there in tv land for sure.....maybe it will fade away...and Charlie will be forced to ...hmmmm...

Ron. said...

I'm in total agreement.

If the timing had been different, I would have thought the phrase "no redeeming social value" had been coined to describe 2.5 Men.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip