A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Going to my First Indy 500

When I think Indy, I have to admit that I am much more prone to think of Dr. Henry Walton Jones Jr. or a movie or music project without the backing of a studio or a record label long before I think of the State capital of Indiana (which is less than 4 hours drive from me) or the motor sport or the 500 mile race that happens most every Memorial Day.

That may be about to change as I am going to attend my first Indiapolis (Indy) 500 this weekend.  I used to know quite a bit about Indy Car driving when I was in middle school and AJ Foyt won his 4th Indy 500 (The first of only 3 drivers to complete that feat).  That was pushing 45 years ago, and for all intents and purposes I am a newbie notbe when it comes to motor sports these days. That being said, here's a few drivers I will have my eyes on as they blur past me on Sunday.


Simona De Silvestro of Paretta Autosport





The Paretta car was the last to qualify this past Saturday in the 33 car field.  




Last Years Winner: Takuma Sato




No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip