A QUOTE TO START THINGS OFF WITH

A QUOTE TO START THINGS OFF

The wonder is that when we know God’s forgiveness is based upon the infinite value of Christ’s finished work, we can have peace of mind and knowledge of His love, even in the midst of our weakness and depression. And again, we all have depressions too; since the Fall, none of us are psychologically healthy or perfect morally. And I must say that depressions are very hard. This is not unknown to me; though most people do not know it, I have my own periods of depression which are very difficult. . . . I speak her not from theory but from experience — in the midst of our down times we can know that His arms are about us, and that He does not let us go when our hands are as weak as water. - Francis Schaffer


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Poem: March 11th

March 11th
written 3-11-93 Russia
Two days before my Brother's birthday
Eleven days before my Dad's
Yesterday, it meant only tomorrow
In a few hours, the roles will be reversed
Just another day

Life in another country
New experiences each day
Man has a way
Of making the extraordinary
Commonplace

Russia
Living in former Godless Russia
As a missionary
I've preached at church services
In old communist buildings

But today is just a day
Not special
Today I spoke to Russian students
Little spiritual knowledge
But much curiosity

But today is just a day
God forgive me

Next Time: In praise of Home School Kids Write

No comments:

Post a Comment