A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Poem from a Train

I lived in Russia from late 1992 to 1994. I lived in a city in Far Eastern Russia called Khabarovsk. For about a year of the time I was there I would regularly travel by train to a neighbroing city about 3 hours away called Birobidjan. Here is a poem I wrote on the train in March of 2004.

The Melting Snow of the Infinte Plain
Written on a train from Birobidjan to Khabarovsk
Dusk inserts contrast to the endless white before me
Small patchs of forest punctuate the crystalline desolation
Brush and barren soil testify
That the Herculean winter is mortal after all
A days journey nears completion
A circuitous route
Ends like it began
Thoughts of far and near
Of important and trivial
speed through the minds eye
Occasionally stopping.
At the stops
The view becomes clear and definite
Then slowly
Movement begins again
The everyday life becomes a blur.
Night has come to the winter plain.
Morning and Spring inch closer.
And the train rolls on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love train poems!

writingbee review said...

That is very kind of you to write this share for us, thanks a lot

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip