A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You don't have to be Einstein.

Half-Past Kissin' Time

To be 1 step ahead of the Holidays Half Past Kissing Time has started Friday Fragments early here are mine . . .

Our home school co-op ended this week. One of the teachers was teaching a physics class for 1st-3rd Graders. Earlier in the semester she asked me to speak the last week of the class as Albert Einstein.




So I donned a wig (cotton balls taped to a stocking cap) and my best German scientist accent and had a lot of fun with it.


It turns out you don't have to be Einstein to play Einstein. I was able to perform an experiment that illustrated what Einstein discovered about light having gravity.

************************************************************************************

My parents came to the closing festivities for the co-op for the first time this year. I think it was the first time they ever got to see my kids in action in a true home school setting. I shared the emceeing duties with two of the speech classes. The presenters went up in pairs and they were very polished, so it had a real awards show feel to it. At the end of the evening I handed the microphone to puppy and she told this joke . . .

Who was the most important knight at the round table?Sir Cumference

***********************************************************************************

As I posted Sunday, Christmas shopping has seemed to begun in earnest all around us. If you make it out to the malls and big box stores take the sales advice with a grain of salt. I have noticed that some sales people through ignorance, poor listening skills, or just to sell more product don't always give correct product information.

For example, I wanted to buy Amy something she could listen to radio programs with when she is out and about. On several occasions we looked at ipods and we asked several associates if those ipods would play pod casts. Each time we were told no. Sometimes we were told that only a Zune would play pod casts, sometimes we were told that only an ipod touch would play them. Both those pieces of equipment cost more than what I had to spend on her birthday present. We then decided to just buy an old fashioned Walkman type radio and were told by an associate that the store no longer sold radios like that.

I walked back to where they "used to be" located anyway. They were still there and we bought out. We found out later that day through the miracle that is Facebook. That ipods do indeed play pod casts. (I mean they are called "pod" casts for a reason.)

I marched (figuratively) back to the store returned the Walkman radio, and proceeded to buy Amy an ipod; at a different store.

***********************************************************************************

Those are all the fragments I have. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving. For More Friday Fragments click here.

8 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Loved your intro! :)

WHAT? Light has gravity?! I had no idea (seriously). And BTW, your photo on your link threw me for a loop for a second--that was fun :)

You're a sweet husband. Happy Belated Bday to your lovely wife :)

Matty said...

You make for a great Einstein. Maybe an acting career is in your future.

I was out and about yesterday, and the traffic was unbelievable. Shopping has already begun.

Have a great holiday.

Doreen McGettigan said...

You are such a sweet husband! I get so frustrated with 'box' store sales people and really try to go to small privately owned stores. Sometimes their prices are higher and I ask them to lower and other times the knowledge and service is just so good I would rather pay a little extra!
Traffic around here is just crazy; I want to just stay home...
You seemed to really have the kids excited and interested..fun!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love your wig and I'm sure you were a wonderful Einstein impersonator.

Carolee Sperry a.k.a. The Blogging Biz Mom said...

Sigh...I miss homeschooling and my sweet loving daughter turned-rotten-teen :-)

Visiting from friday fragments...have a great day!

Ann in the UP said...

I had to laugh at your comment about salesperson not always having the right info. At Menards I was trying to buy an amaryllis bulb (for it's beautiful showy flowers). The kid directed me to the lighting department. Hehehe.

Karen and Gerard said...

Great job as Einstein! I don't recall light having gravity. I would have liked to seen your experiment.

Anonymous said...

I will glad to eventually get my girls into a co-op program of some sort.

That looked like lot's of fun. I love anything that requires coming up with my own accent and wearing costume getup! What fun!

Happy weekend :)

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip