A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pizza

I want to make one thing clear. Chicago is the best place in the world for pizza. People who think New York style pizza is even half as good as what Chicago offers are just, how do I put this diplomatically? Delusional!


So, when I say that Amy makes restaurant quality pizza here in the NW burbs of Chicago, that is high praise indeed.


She can take this . . .


Make it look like this . . .





And eat like this . . .



That's what I call good pizza!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still working on it...sometimes it's better than others. I prefer the thin thin crust, but the kids prefer it a little thicker. I use a combo of a recipe I got from www.tammysrecipes.com and one for Lou Malnotti's. Also need to find a better recipe for sauce. It's better than NY pizza though, and let's not even mention Wisconsin! :)
Amy

Anonymous said...

Great job Amy!

jugglingpaynes said...

Them's fightin' words Dave. :o)
Lucky for you, I like both NY and Chicago style pizza. Depends on my mood at the moment. Of course, I have never had Chicago pizza in Chicago. There might be a difference. I know I've been sorely disappointed with what passes as "NY style pizza" in other parts of the country (Even in other parts of NY state!)

Peace and Laughter!

Saralyn said...

Well, Dave, I know for a fact Amy's pizza is the bomb because she shared her recipe with me, but I'll have to disagree with you on the NYC vs. Chi-town pie:

New York style is PIZZA; Chicago deep dish is casserole in a crust.

Vadim said...

You have intrigued me. I have eaten lots of different pizzas. The best for the moment was an original Italian pizza in Bologna. So I would really like to compare... Please share the recipe ))

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip