A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's not the end of the world

I wasn't going to blog about this. Really, I wasn't. False teachers preaching the end of the world is not a new thing and it will probably go on right up until the end of the world. But recently Harold Camping began proclaiming that Jesus was returning on May 21, 2011.



I used to make a joke back in the 1980's about these kind of proclamation's of Christ's return. I would say that it preempted his coming back because He would be all set to come back on a certain day and then someone would say He's coming back on that day and then of course Jesus would have to choose a different day because no one could know the day or the hour and someone found out.





Of course, May 21st came and went and Christ did not return. The next day this billboard went up in Greensboro, N.C.







The reason why I did blog about it is twofold :





1) That is awkward is one of my 3rd grader's favorite expressions, right along with why interrupt a very good show with kissing.





2) The whole prediction thing reminded me to live like today could be our last day on earth. On Friday, I talked with all my kids one on one and made sure they understood what Jesus did on the cross for them. I made sure that Amy knew how much I loved her. I didn't really think that the rapture would happen on May, 21st. I was just reminded that our time on earth can end at any moment. Just because you can't predict it does not mean it's not going to happen.





(If there is a )Next Time : The Dog Day of Spring.

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip