A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, April 16, 2022

N is for Next, Nelson and Nails

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter


 Good morning  and welcome to day 14  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

So many people get vexed

Wondering what to do next

I say don't have a cow

You're building next now

so just keep on doing your best.









Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




When I decided I would be doing an a to z list of home run hitters in my lifetime I decided to apportion my lifetime in 5  approximately 11 year chapters and try to fit 5 players from each chapter on the list.  Yesterday13 days into the challenge I finalized my list.  Yesterdays entry and todays entry are both from the last chapter which encompasses 2011-2021. Yesterday I featured Miguel Cabrera who has hit 502 homers in his MLN career.  Today we talk about Nelson Cruz who is not far behind Cabrera with 450.  

Cruz has the most homers of any player between 2011 and 2021 His 372 is almost 50 more than the player behind him on the list.  During that time frame, Cruz has hit 163 homers for the Mariners ,, 80 for the Rangers , 76 for the Twins, 40 for the Orioles, and 13 for the Rays. Cruz now plays for the Washington Nationals and has hit one homer for them so far this season.  



Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 14th starting word was nails.


N A I L S  Got 2 letters, 1 in the right place 
S H E L L-  3 letters all in the right position 
S M E L T - smelt is a verb and a noun and I "nailed" it in 3.


For more A to Z challenge click here.  

3 comments:

Dave Roller said...

I changed the 2nd line of the limerick from happens to to do as I think the remedy matches the problem better that wat. Also I started wordle this morning with nails and got it in 4

moondustwriter said...

Cruz is cruising. Co-vid really threw me out of synch with Baseball need to catch up this year.
Your limerick a hit too. Of all the forms I have written Limerick never clicked for me (it must be a personality thing)

Cheers and happy wkend

What Next

The Dream Girl said...

Haha that limerick is brilliant!

I took three tries to get Smelt too!!

Hopping in from the A-Z community,
Dream
https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2022/04/01/anguish/

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip