A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, April 7, 2022

F is for Freud, Freddie Freeman, and Fugue

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter
Good morning  and welcome to Day 6 of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here



Part I: A to Z Limericks

There once was a young man from Madrid

Who cared more for his ego than id

So he pulled out his android

Took a selfie, now Freud

Can explain why he's done what he did.

Facebook March 7, 2014


Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime


Freddie Freeman played for the Atlanta Braves from 2010 to 2021. The Braves are the current reigning World Series champions He recently signed as a free agent with the L.A. Dodgers.  Freeman was the 2020 NL MVP and finished 2nd in voting for NL Rookie of the Year in 2011 his first full season.

Between 2011 and 2021 Freeman hit 270 homers for the Braves.  This places him 6th in  both all time homers for the Braves and most home runs between 2010 and 2021.  This is fitting for a player whose first and last names begin with the 6th letter of the alphabet.

Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z

Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.

On March 7th I started my wordle with the word fugue.

F U G U E - This was my first opening word all month that did not get any letters right. As this was a bad start I countered with ...
S T A R T - This yielded a T in the wrong place. I switched the T to the first place with ...
T H I N K - which gave me no more information than the T in a new wrong place. By that time I had guessed all the vowels except so I doubled down with ...
B O O T H - Having oth in the right places, my 5th guess was ...
C L O T H - Mission completed in 5 guesses.  

That does it for another day of the challenge.  for more A to Z click here.



4 comments:

Dave Roller said...

I started my wordle with fugue as I did on March 6th. This morning I guessed the word in 3 guesses. 2 better than I had done in the previous month-

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

I have recently started playing wordle. I normally try to use the first two or three words that have distinct letters like "BASIC" or "GLARE" ... i dont know much about baseball .. .. except some familiarity gotten from movies :)

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

Interesting. Only Freud can explain. Have you studied Psychology? A to Z challenge makes you write. Write and interact with a big blogger community.
Effectiveness, Efficiency and Excellence - Engineering Supervision

Hannelore Adler (SteampunkCowCorn) said...

Nice, I admit that I know nothing about baseball, but the little info you provide from every player is great! reminds me of the classic baseball cards many people love to collect.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip