A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Quick Random Takes 7/19/20

Before the videos  commence let’s review the concept of quick random takes.

1. Quick 
Some of my videos can be rather lengthy. These videos will be me speaking on a topic for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

2. Random
When I begin filming, I have no idea what the topic will be. I have a number of topic idea written down that I choose from, sometimes out of a hat. Some of these suggestions are my own, others are from family members. If you like you can make a suggestion by writing it in the comments section. On some pieces of paper I have written wild card. If I pick a wild card I pick the topic on the spot.

3. Takes 

A little double meaning on this one. Primarily I am giving my “take” on what ever topic I pick. That,s pretty straight forward. The second is that I have a tendency to film a Dave out loud and make a mistake, or get interrupted and film it again, and again, and , well you get the point. This can be time consuming and frustrating. So I decided at the outset of quick random takes that I would film two takes and then choose the one to post. So far for the first two episodes , it’s been the second one. I don’t know about this one as I have not filmed it yet. I’m going to go do that now.


1. Picking the topic.




And now Dave’s Quick Random Take



This was also take 2 as the past episodes have been. Maybe one day I’ll share the first takes here. I wanted to also share a link to a Mr. Rogers episode but instead I’ll share this link to him testifying before Congress in 1969 for funding for what eventually became PBS. 

In the video he talks about how feelings are mentionable and manageable. I think that is a profound concept.  I hope you enjoyed today’s edition of Quick Random Takes.  

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip