A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, July 13, 2020

White Sox set to open 2020 season on 7/24

 When the year began the Chicago White Sox were all set to have a record breaking season.  Maybe they wouldn't hit 242 home runs like they did in 2004 or strike out 1,359 opponents like in 2015, but when the umpire shouted "play ball" in their game on Thrusday, March 26th against the Kansas City Royals it would be their earliest opening day ever.  

This, of course did not happen.  The White Sox, none the less, will be breaking records this year if  their home opener scheduled against the  Minnesota Twins on July 24th doesn't get cancelled or delayed it will certainly set  the record for latest opening day ever. The planned 60 game schedule should contain many records even if many of them will come with asterisks.  Teams will certainly have the least errors and strikeouts and fewest hits and home runs allowed.  Attendance should be record breaking as well with most teams unsure if they will be able to sell any tickets.  .

With Covid numbers continuing to grow in the U.S.   I'm not sure how I feel about the season being played at all.  As a fan, I am eager for the sason to get under way,  but thher is part of me, like a true baseball purest,  that feels that  everyone should be safe at home.  


No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip