A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Colors of the Rainbow | Color Song for Kids | Learning the Colors | Jack...

I work as a substitute teacher in a local school district.  I have been doing this for the last 4 school years and have found that I really enjoy it and seem to be good at it.  Since January of this year, I have been doing mostly long term subbing which usually means filling in for a teacher or paraeducator on maternity leave.
 
A few days before the beginning of this school year I was contacted by my wife/s principal  (My wife is a school pyschologist) who wanted to know if I would teach her schools art classes while they searched for a permanent art teacher.  I had  previously done  two shorter stints subbing for the art teacher at that school and found that while it was a little out of my comfort zone it also landed firm in my sweet spot.  Buoyed my my previous experience I quickly agreed.  

 My students range from kindergartners to 5th graders.   II like tend to teach between 2 or 3different lessons to encompass all the age groups.  The activities, and types of content will vary.  With the younger students I like to supplement the activities with stories and songs. Jack Hartmann. a forever young 71 year old children's singer with unbridled makes some of my favorite videos for the pre-school to 2nd grade set.  I'm currently starting my k-2 classes on warm and cool colors with this great Jack Hartmann video.




   


No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip