A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Last 5 Next 10 first 5 0f 2022 edition

Last year I tried to chronicle all the books I read in 2021 and failed miserably again but did not fail as miserably as I had failed in previous years.  This year I will attempt the same format I endeavored last year with one notable exception. When I finish 5 books I will write what they were and how I read them but will make no attempt at reviewing them in any way shape or form.  If I feel like reviewing one of these books I will do so in a separate post. Here is what I have finished from the beginning of the year until January 22nd ...


 A Fragile Stone by Michael Card
Listened to via Hoopla
1/2/2022


Betty & Friends: My Life at the Zoo by Betty White
Acquired interlibrary loan (read to self)
1/13/2022


Peanuts A Tribute to Charles M Schulz
borrowed from local library
read to self
1/13/2022


The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
Own
read to self

1/17/22


Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner
listened to parts at school 
read entire book on phone via Hoopla

1/22/22

I finished 5 books in 22 days a rate of 1 book every 4.4 days.  At that rate I will have finished 82.95 books by the end of the year.

Ten books I am currently reading or planning to read soon are .

Fodor's Essential Greek Islands

The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis

Collected Short Stories of Louis La'mour Vol I\

God's Forgetful Pilgrims - Michael Griffiths

Fish in A tree - Linda Mulally Hunt

Blue Like Jazz

Renegades, Born in the USA - Barack Obama, Bruce Springsteen

The Return Home - Elliott J. Anderson

Little House on The Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder

 Hawkeye Vol 1: My Life as a Weapon







1 comment:

Patrick Gaffney said...

You might want to see if you can get your hands on Hawkeye by Fraction & Aja: The Saga of Barton and Bishop rather then life as a weapon. That collection has the whole run, rather then just the first 5 issues.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip