A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, March 4, 2023

A to Z Challenge 2023 Theme Reveal: A Month At The Movies

#AtoZChallenge 2023 badge


AtoZChallenge theme reveal 2023 #atozchallenge

 I have some good news.  I just saved 15% by switching my insurance to Geico.  No, my news is better than that.  The A to Z Challenge is coming to a blog near you and I am very excited.  The event begins in earnest on April 1st, but on March 12th you can participate in the theme reveal at A to Z challenge.com.

 I love the A to Z challenge. I don't think it's any great stretch to say that I am still blogging in no small part due to the A to Z challenge. From 2012 to 2021 I participated nine times in the challenge.  Over that time I have entered 5 of my blogs in the challenge sometimes as many as 3 in the same year. 

I love almost everything about the challenge.  I love reading other people's blogs and commenting on them. I love how so many of the blogs I currently have on my blogroll have participated at one time or another in the challenge.   I love creating a theme and disciplining myself to post 26 times on that theme. I especially love putting things in alphabetical order.  I think I'll put that last sentence in alphabetical order: "alphabetical, especially I in love order. putting things" (Yes, I put the punctuation marks in alphabetical order as well. Who Wouldn't?)

Every year until they make the big announcement  I get a little concerned that maybe they won't be doing the challenge this year.  I'm a weird dude, 49% optimist, 49% pessimist, and 2% milk in a glass half full. But I have been blogging for a long time and I've seen lots of blogs and blogging events be lost and gone forever, dreadful sorry Clementine over the years.  So when I heard the A to Z challenge was coming back and better than ever I was stoked.  

Since I am so jacked that the Challenge is on, I decided to announce my theme a little early this year. My 2023 Theme is A Month at the Movies.  





2692117 © Laura Domenica Cantisani | Dreamstime.com 


 I have been posting a lot lately about films.  I am spending this year revamping my 100 favorite film list.  I am trying to watch 12 new movies to me this year and post about them here.  I have been thinking about a simple movie theme for the challenge for the past few years.  I say a simple theme because in the past, I have participated in the challenge at more than one blog at a time, and last year I had 3 themes in one challenge: home runs, limericks, and wordle starting guesses.  Compared to those 26 movie reviews will be a walk in the park, but not A Walk to Remember, as my A film will be Arsenic and Old Lace.  

The A to Z Theme for 2023 is resiliency.  With each film I choose, I will incorporate how that film demonstrates resiliency in one way or another. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I am super excited about this year's A to Z challenge.   I'm so excited that I've already thought of my theme for the 2024 challenge.   Since I'm already in full reveal mode, and since my ADHD will probably interfere with remembering it for next year I'll just reveal my 2024 A to Z challenge theme now. The 2024 theme will be Narnian characters and creatures from A to Z.  My working title is Narnia: From Aslan to Zardeenah.  

Before I get too far ahead of myself here are the important dates for this year's challenge.

March 12th - March 18th:             Theme Reveal

April 1st:                                          The Letter A

April3rd -April 8th:                         Letters B-G

April 10th -15th:                               Letters H-M

April 17th -22nd:                              Letters N-S

April 24th-April30th:                       Letters Letters T-Z

May 1st - May 6th:                            A to Z Reflections

May 15th:                                            A to Z Road Trip Begins

 Check out   A to Z challenge.com for more information I may have missed. Click here for more on the Theme Reveal. Click here to see who has signed up so far.

20 comments:

Liz A. said...

I think if they didn't officially do the A to Z, I think many of us would do it anyway. But those in charge are still blogging after all these years, so I don't think it'll disappear any time soon. Looking forward to your April posts.

Susan Sanderson said...

Looking forward to this year's challenge.

Jamie Ghione said...

Movies are always a fun topic. I'm looking forward to which ones you feature.

Lisa said...

I look forward to reading what movies you choose. I picked my theme before seeing the theme of the the whole year is "Resilience."

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

Excellent theme! Welcome back to the challenge :) It's good to see you're as excited as I am :) And nice way of incorporating the main theme into your theme!

The Multicolored Diary

Joy Weese Moll said...

Terrific theme! I'm looking forward to learning about 26 movies. Arsenic and Old Lace won't be new to me (for many years, that was our traditional Halloween night movie), but I'm sure that there will be new ones among the other 25.

Deborah Weber said...

Great theme and I'm loooking forward to seeing what movies you'll be writing about. I'm impressed you have a list of 100 faves, and I definitely like to idea of occasionally returning to edit and update it.

John Holton said...

This looks like a lot of fun, Dave! Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Janet said...

Hey Dave, I'm excited to see what movies you come up with!

Janet’s Smiles

Shilpa Gupte said...

A theme on movies sounds wonderful! Wishing you the best, Dave :)

Red said...

I don't blog about movies I watch, but I have started posting on Facebook every time my husband and I watch a movie together. Otherwise I'd forget what I've seen!
I'll pop back in April to check it out. I hope you'll enjoy my theme, too.
Doesn't Speak Klingon

lissa said...

I always like movies so I'm curious what you're going to be talking about. I've seen Arsenic and Old Lace and thought it was hilarious. Good luck with the A-Z challenge.

Have a lovely day.

P.S., My A-Z reveal post link though I have no theme and will be doing random posts: Postcards from the Bookstore

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

Good to see that you are still blogging. I completed 17 years. Still at it. Would be happy to read about movies. I am writing new posts in my popular blog on industrial engineering. Theme A to Z of Industrial Engineering Theme reveal post. A to Z of Industrial Engineering
Happy Blogging and Reading.

C.D. Gallant-King said...

Awesome theme! I look forward to reading about movies. :-)

http://www.cdgallantking.ca/2023/03/a-to-z-blog-challenge-2023-theme-reveal.html

Crackerberries said...

Hi Dave, Oh boy, this is gonna be great... I don't go to the movies, I wait until they are streaming free, unless it is one I just can't wait for free and then I buy. Really looking forward to seeing Jesus Revolution when it comes out ... and I hear there is a movie coming out all about me in June. Good luck with the challenge.
Cheers,
Barbie

Lu said...

Really looking forward to your posts during April. I am always interested in others opinions of movies as I feel I can be too optimistic at times.

Have a great April Luv Lu x https://lulubyplace.wordpress.com

Arlee Bird said...

There is always so much that can be done using a film theme. And I always like to read different perspectives about film. Sounds like you have some good content ahead for the month of April. Best of luck! Good to have you back for another Challenge.

Lee

Writing Sparkle said...

A-to-Z movies will be fun.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Ok. This looks fun. I love movies! I am looking forward to seeing what you post all month.
The Other Side | Blogging A to Z Theme Reveal: Doctor Who

Jemima Pett said...

Oh, I hope you pick some of my favourite movies. Mind you, some are a little off mainstream... or even 'old'!

Good luck :)

Jemima

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip