A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

2024 A to Z Challenge

#AtoZChallenge 2024 badge

Monday, April 29, 2024

A to Z 2024: Y is for watching Viral Videos on Youtube

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter Y 

For The A to Z Challenge this year, I am focusing on everyday holidays. Each day there are multiple unusual things to celebrate. Every day of the challenge I look for an event taking place that day and pair it with the letter of the day. I have also made up 5 holidays to coincide with the vowel days of the challenge. At the end of each post I will share a special song of the day for that day's letter. At the end of the month, these songs will be assembled in an A to Z keepsake playlist on Spotify. Every day is a celebration, let's unwrap today's together.

  • The first viral video on You Tube was an unauthorized bootleg of the SNL digital short Lazy Sunday.  It had over 5,000,000 views between December 2005 and February of 2006 when You Tube took it down.  SNL has since put the video up on it's own You Tube Channel.
  • Like many subsequent viral videos Lazy Sunday spawned some response videos.  This one being a shot by shot remake
  • In 2008 the viral video Charlie bit my finger - Again blew up  on You Tube.  To date it has 886,000,000 views.  My son was 7 when this came out and I must say he was very good at shutting people down before they ever got to teasing him about that.
  • By 2013 most everyone knew what a viral video was.  April 29th 2013 was the first known occurrence of Viral Video Day.
  • Since then, viral videos have not gone away.  Video's like this one my daughter calls Chewbacca Mom. It had 13,00,000 views in the past 7 years.  
I know there are just two days left in the A to Z challenge.  I say take a moment and watch some You Tube videos.  You may just help one go viral!
*********************************************************************************
The song of the day is You Make It Easy To Fall In Love by Three Crosses

25 songs are on the Leap of Dave A to Z 2024 playlist.  Just one more letter, one more holiday and one more song!



********************************************************************************* 

To go to the home of the A to Z challenge click here, to see the 2024 master list of participating blogs click here. Enjoy the 2024 A to Z challenge, and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

John Holton said...

Is that your son in "Charlie Bit My Finger"?

Wolf of Words said...

Trying to explain these videos to people who are not online is quite an exercise. I have done pretty well keeping up with memes and viral videos but there is just so much of it now. Back in the early days of streaming video, it was way easier to stand out but also much harder to monetize that fame.

Liz A. said...

My feed reader is behind, so this only popped up in my feed today. I don't spend so much time on YouTube, so I'm one of the many that misses many of these viral videos.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip