A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fragments of photos Ipod Edition



I am at a waiting room, cleaning out the pictures from my i-pod.  many of them were for blog posts that I haven't quite got to yet.  So here's a few fragments about them.

Photo Fragment 1



That's no majestic sunrise/sunset.  It's just a lamp post over spider droid working on snow board moves on his sled.

Picture Fragment 2


Many libraries offer a read to a dog program.  My oldest kids have done this.  But puppy, our resident dog lover never had before this.  Here she is reading to Samson, who is from a Sox fan family and paid a lot of attention to me because I was wearing my White Sox jacket.

Here she is in action . . . 





Photo Fragment 3


This pic is already on the blog.  I show it here to illustrate that it is generally not much of a problem to get all 3 kids to pose for a good photo.  But when you try to add an adult in, like when Amy and I took the kids to the Brookfield Zoo in late December, you get something like this.


Amy and Bunny look great.  Puppy and Spider Droid look goofy. 

Photo Fragment 4




I lived in Khabarovsk Russia for 2 years in the early  90's. Khababarosvsk is located  on the Amur River.  So when I'm at the zoo I always like to see the tigers and leopards that hail from that region.  Hers is  a picture of an Amur Leopard.  

Well that's enough fragments for one day.  For more fragments, join Friday Fragments at Half Past Kissing Time.

I do, however, have time for one more photo.




NEXT TIME: DARE TO DREAM

3 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

I have never heard of read to a dog. Very interesting. Visiting from Friday Fragments.

Rachael said...

I love that reindeer photo, that's really cute! I have one of my son with his face on an octopus body from last month.

Unknown said...

Fun pictures. I have a homeschool blog roll & would love to have you add yours to the list if you have the chance! Thanks!
http://teachbesideme.blogspot.com

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip