A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, November 2, 2009

Narnia Update


This semester I am teaching two classes at the kids home school co-op. They are both classes about C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. One is for first through third graders the other is 4th through 6th graders. Last week the family was ill so other parents filled in for my classes. This week I am having the older class do an art project. I am going to have each student draw title art for one of the chapters in Lion Witch and the Wardrobe. For the younger class we are going to make Reepicheep masks based on one of the most endearing characters from the series.


While I am very creative with words and ideas. I am not exactly what you would call artistic. Teaching a craft/story class has definitely been out of my comfort zone. For the older students it has been more along my comfort level. But to challenge the students and myself I have had 3 projects (1 writing, 1 drawing and 1 acting) along side the regular course work. Students (and teachers) all have different strengths and weaknesses. By giving myself and the students opportunities inside and outside are areas of comfort and expertise I think we are learning more than what we may have signed on for.

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip