A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Star Wars, Legos and kids. .

When Keith was 6 and I was 12 a small little movie called Star Wars opened. Like many kids our ages we became passionate about this movie. For me it was writing Basic Programs with Vic Santos about X-Wings and Death Stars. For Keith, it was playing with Star Wars Action Figures with Andy Nover.

Keith was also very fond of legos as a child. He was an excellent lego maker and had quite the imagination.

Classics never go out of style and my Son Charlie is also passionate about Star Wars and Legos. Charlie started his own Blog Recently entitled Homeschool Jedi Apprentice. Two of his most recent posts combine Legos and Star Wars. One is a video of a battle between clones and droids and the other are just photos of same.

I see a lot of Keith in his children, Bobby and Sara. But I also see a lot of Keith, in my own children and all children. In some ways (mostly good) Keith never stopped being 6 and his passion for games and toys gave him an ability to communicate with kids on their level. He may have been a child a long time ago but when it came to relating to children He was never in a galaxy far far away.

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip