A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

J is For January, Jim Rice, and Judge

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Good morning and welcome to day 10 of the A-to-Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here. Due to the incredible busyness of my week I am only doing the limerick today.



Part I: A to Z Limericks
 ...

This limerick was written 8 years ago in preparation for a 20 degree below zero day 

Going out in this weather? stay in.
 If you must go,avoid exposed skin. 
With extremities warm 
You'll be safe in a storm
 But spittle might freeze on your chin

From Facebook 2014





My home run hitter for J is Jim Rice, an old school long ball banger who played his entire career (1974-1989) for the Boston Red Sox.  That's the years I turned 10 until the year I turned 25.  I spent my formative years of baseball appreciation watching this hall of famer play.  

From the time period between 1976 to 1987, Rice hit 341 (approximately 90%) of his 382 homers.  This is 2nd only to fellow Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt who hit 437 in the same time period.

Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.

My opening word for March 10th was Judge.


J U D G E- E in coorect poition everything else wrong
R H Y M E-  Different word, same result.
B L A Z E Added L and A in incorrect places.
S A L V E   -Correctly placed the A , S and L are in wrong position
L A P S E Got it in 4

Today I started with Judge again but this time got the correct word in 4 guesses.



For more A to Z challenge click here

2 comments:

Sara said...

Four is really good - I've never got a wordle in less. Your limerick is awesome too - sounds like it was written for Scottish weather!

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

Enjoying your wordles... i love word games

Jayashree writes

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip