A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, April 25, 2022

U is for Umbrella, Double U, and Urban

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

 

Good Morning and welcome to day 21, the start of the final week  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here

Part I: A to Z Limericks



If you want to stay dry for hours

Without using your super powers

Well, go gal or fella

Buy yourself an umbrella 

It is great for these April showers!



.




Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime





Today I chose two brothers to represent the letter U for my a to z home run hitters. J.R. (Melvin)  and Justin Upton are both in the top 500 all time longballers with a combined total of 488 between them. BJ hit 97 of his 164 homers between 2011 and 2016 while playing for the Rays, Padres, Braves and Blue Jays.  The Brave's were not only the one team that did not rhyme with the others but where he was able to play with his brother in 2013 & 2014.  The Brothers Upton combined for a total of 77 homers in those 2 years.  

Justin hit 264 of his career 324 round trippers between 2011, and 2021.  In additioned to the aforementioned Braves, Justin played for the D-Backs, Padres, Tigers and Angels in that timespan.  Justin was cut from the Angels prior to the beginning of this season and at this point has not been picked up by any other teams 


Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 21st my starting word was urban, as I mentioned yesterday.  I had spent that weekend in downtown Chicago that weekend and I had my starting words (Sears, Tower, and Urban) match my locale.  

U R B A N  - I was able to get the letter r, but in the wrong place
R O D E O - Unlike the common phrase, this I believe was my first rodeo.  At least as far as Wordle was concerned.  I did add an E to the  but also not in the right right place 
M I T E R - This got me R in the right place and added 2 more incorrectplaced letters
T H E I R- with their I got there in 4.

For more A to Z challenge click here


 I

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip