A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

P is for Philippians 4, Pujols, and Piano.

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

 Good morning  and welcome to day 16  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

I like Philippians 4:4

I should attempt to follow it more.

Paul, in emphatic voice

Says always rejoice

Cause there's much to rejoice in the Lord.


Adapted from my 2/3/2014 Facebook post


Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




From 2011 -2021 Albert Pujols hit 280 homers mostly while playing with the LA Angels.  former Ro This was the 5th most homer output during those years.  That is not why were talking about the 3 time MVP, 2 time World Series Champ. He is also the 5th all time homerun hitter in MLB history  and just has to hit 15 more in this his final MLB season to tie A-Rod for 4th place overall. 4 more dingers and he's be in the rarified air of Bonds, Aaron and Ruth the only players to have 700 or more.  If this turns out not to be his last season or if he hits a total of 35 or more long balls this season (which he has accomplished 10 other times in his storied career) he could surpass Babe Ruth for 3rd all time.  Between the years 2000 and 2010 Pujols hit 408 dingers and was 2nd only to A-Rod in that time frame.  Pujols is the only player to be in the top 5 in 2 of the 4 quadrants of my life that I divided these homers by.  Pujols hit all 408 of these 1st decade 21st century bombs for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Pujols has been reunited with the Cardinals for this supposedly final season.  He has already hit 2 homers in this young season,  



Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 16th starting word was piano.


P I A N O The A is in the final answer but not in the right location
D R E A M-  Added the R and E but nonr of the 3 letters are yet in their proper places. Leaving only 1 spot for R in the next guess 
C A T E R - There are at least 4 words that fit with c a (blank) e r. . Caper and caner will not work as the p and n were eliminated on the first guess.  I went with Cater as it's much more common than cager and it turned out well for me.  Cater in 4. 

For more A to Z challenge click here

 

1 comment:

Joy Weese Moll said...

We're happy to have Pujols back "home" in St. Louis this year.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip