A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

W is for Writers Block, Willie, and Wraps

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter



Good morning and welcome to day 23, the3rd day of the final week  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here

Part I: A to Z Limericks

Writers Block is of course a thing.  It often happens to writers on deadline. The A to Z challenge is of course one massive deadline.  Here is a limerick I wrote 8 years ago about Writer's Block.

 I wonder if there's some kind of doc

For a bad case of writer's block

You make an appointment

He gets you some ointment

And you can get back on the clock. 


Adapted from my Facebook page 1/4/14







Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




Willie Mays, "The Say Hey Kid" began his HOF career in 1951, 13 seasons before the year I was born.  Between 1951 and 1963 Willie hit 406 home runs. Thats good enough for 9th overall between 1920 and 1963.  If he stopped there, It would be goof enough for 58th all time.

But Willie Mays did not stop there he continued to play until 1973 hitting another 254 long balls (240 for the San Francisco Giants and 14 for the New York Mets) for a career total of 660.  This puts him in 6th place in homers over the history of Major League Baseball. Mays who will turn 91 a week from this coming Friday is the oldest living member of Baseball's Hall of Fame.









Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 23nd starting word was wraps. 

W R A P S- Guessed the R and the P but not in the right places.
P O R C H- A step forward : Got the P and the R in the correct positions.
P A R T YA step backwards: Guessed a letter that I knew wasn't there/
P U R G E -  Purge in 4 

For more A to Z challenge click here.  


2 comments:

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

Visiting from the Reflection page. That limerick on writer's block is a keeper. May I cite it for Petry Monday when it fits - full credits and links of course!

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

... forgot to say: Please!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip