A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Q is for Quit, Quentin, and Quest

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter



 Good Evening  and welcome to day 17  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

I am composing tonight's limerick as an encouragement to anyone considering checking out and giving up on the challenge.

Stop thinking that you can't do it.

You've come too far now just to quit.

If you're working on Q

10 more than you're through.

And remember your much too Legit!



Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




Traditionally Q is often the hardest letter along with X for the A to Z challenge.  For me this year Q was no problem when it came to homerun hitters because I'm a big fan of the Chicago White Sox and we had Carlos Quentin. Quentin played major league ball from 2006 to 2014 starting with Arizona and finishing with San Diego but his prime was spent with t he beloved White Sox where he hit 107 of his 154  (approximately 70 %) homers between 2008 and 2011.  That averages out to 36 homers in a 162 games season during his time with the pale hose.  That's compared to 30 homers in a 162 game average over the course of his career.









Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 17th starting word was quest.


Q U E STThe E  is in the final answer but not in the right location
L E A R N-  I didn't learn too much from learn, no new letters and E still out of place.
C O P E D This got  me a new  letter in the right place.
M O V I E - Cut and print in 4 takes.  

For more A to Z challenge click here

 

1 comment:

Jazmin Ruiz said...

I like limericks. I listen to the show Wait Wait don't Tell Me on NYC radio. I am also a baseball fan. Thank you for the encouragement on not to quit the challenge. i have fallen behind at times but I hope to finish. I had fun reading this.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip