A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Monday, April 11, 2022

I is for Illinois, Ibanez and Imago

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

 Good morning  and welcome to  a new week  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

If me, you want to annoy
Go ahead mispronounce Illinois
Please be compliant
Let the s remain silent
And no, I am not being coy

The first 4 lines of that limerick stayed on my open computer screen all night as I could not think of an adequate final line.  This morning I asked my wife who volunteered the closer.  Thanks Amy. How fitting that the limerick dropping on our 24th wedding anniversary  shows yet another example of how wonderful it is to be on a team with you.

Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime



When I was thinking which homer smasher I would choose for the letter I.  I did not immediately think of Raul Ibanez.  I immideiately thought of Jason Isringhausen, forgetting for a moment he was   and gave up far more homers (85 in a 16 year career) than he hit (2).  My thoughts then went to Pete Incaviglia for a moment before settling on Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez. With 311 dingers, Pudge does have more homers than any other I player.  I was pretty settled on I-Rod when I did a little more stat surfing.

In the period between 1988 and 1999 Incaviglia hit 149 bombs. Pudge only hit 109.  In the period of 2000 through 2010 Rodriguez hit 161 homers while Raul Ibanez slammed 204 (99 for the Mariners, 55 for the Royals, and 50 with the Phillies ). That means that I-Rod was the I with the most homers in either time period.  Ibanez hit only 6 less (305) career homers than I-Rod so I decided to give not to Raul.


Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.

In March when I was going alphabetically to pick my opening wordle words some were just random, and some held a great bit of meaning to me. Imago was one of the latter.

For several years my family and I went to the local college film festival called the Imago Film Festival click  on Wikipedia for more information about this festival.


I M A G O - Got M and O but in wrong places.
M O U N D-  M and O were correctly placed on my 2nd guess and I added n as well.
M O R O N- I felt a little like a moron not getting any more info from my 3rd guess as I did on my 2nd. 
M O N E Y -Throwing money on your problems, doesn't always solve them.  This maxim came true on guess 4, but I did get my N in the right place.
M O N K S - 5th guess got me no further than the fourth.
M O N T H - This was not the only 6 guess wordle I have had.  But it's the only one that took me a month to get.

For more A to Z challenge click here.  

4 comments:

Joy Weese Moll said...

Fun limerick. I grew up on the Missouri side of the Mississippi. We mispronounced lots of things, but not Illinois.

Month is kind of hard wordle, with a bunch of odd consonants gathered together at the end.

Afshan Shaik said...

I never played wordle... seeing craze surrounding it must try once
luckily even if from India I have many friends in Illinois so I know how its spelt

cool limerick

Good day - Dropping by from A to Z - https://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Three themes is ambitious, but you're clearly pulling it off. Limericks are always good. Approaching wordle alphabetically is an interesting idea - I'm normally totally random about it and definitely waste some guesses!

There was a game called wordle
My spelling was a hurdle
I guessed tenis and snear
Even frend was wrong, oh dear
I quit before my brain could curdle!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Yup. As a lifelong Illinoisan, nothing irritates us more than when someone says "Ill-a-noise"!

Fun limerick!

--
Tim Brannan
The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip