A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, April 28, 2022

X is for Xylophone, Xavier and Xerox

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter
Good morning and welcome to day 24th, the 4th day of the final week  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here

Part I: A to Z Limericks

Writers Block is of course a thing.  It often happens to writers on deadline. The A to Z challenge is of course one massive deadline.  Here is a limerick I wrote 8 years ago about Writer's Block.

I'll compare in 5 lines of this poem

the glockenspiel and xylophone

spiel's bars made from metal

and the phone's by Gepetto

Tap on either , they make a nice tone.

.











Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime





I have been using the letter of the day for the homerun hitters first or last name.  Which turns out to be a good thing because there has never been a major league baseball player with a last name beginning with X.  So I went to the first name and chose Xavier Nady.

While it's true that Xander Bogaerts has 38 more homers than Nady and is still playing so will probably get more, I went with Nady because I needed one more player from the 2000 to 2010 period of my lifetime.  Nady hit 104 homers from 2000 to 2012 but only 11 after 2010.  The 93 from 2000 to 2010 were hit while with the Pirates (36), Padres (25), Mets (14) , Yankees (12), and the Cubs (6).  













Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 24nd starting word was xerox. 

X E R O X- although x was xcluded, I was xcited that I got an e..
E V E N - Event was eventful by placing the E correctly and adding a properly placed T.
C H E S T-  Getting chest in 3 was a real treasure and x marked the spot!

For more A to Z challenge click here.  



No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip