A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, April 22, 2022

S is , Stan Lee, Sammy Sosa and Sears

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Good Evening and welcome to day 19 of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

There once was a "Marvel"ous man
A comic book writer named Stan
when the books came to screen
His cameos would be seen
As an Easter egg for the true fan.

.




Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




Sammy Sosa was not my first choice for a slugger in my life time for the letter S.  I would have rather been able to insert Mike Schmidt, Willie Stargell, Ron Santo or even Alfonso Soriano.  What it came down to was era.  When I decided to make an a to z list of hommer hitters over my life time, I decided to split the eras into 11-12 year increments (1964-1975, 1976-1987, 1988-1999, 2000-2010, and 2011-2021) I decided to fit 5 players from each era and a 6th from whichever era had the quintessential q hitter.  This meant that sometimes I could not put in all the players I wanted to make room for 5 in each era and 1 with each letter.  I needed another player form the 1988-1999 era and Sammy Sosa was the only person in the top 25 of homerun hitters from that era who had an s in his name.  

Sosa like Reggie Jackson, and Albert Pujols was actually in the top 25 of 2 eras, his 273 homers between 2000 and 2010 was tied for 23 of players from that time period.  It was in 1988 to 1999 when he hit 336 dingers that he made the top 10 o.  It is that time frame that he comes into the list. Add both eras home run production together and you get 609 long balls good enough for 9th on the all time list.  Between 1988 and 1999, he hit 1 while playing for the Texas Rangers, 28 with the Chicago White Sox and 307 with the Chicago Cubs.







Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 19th starting word was Sears.


S E A R S Got an A in the incorrect place
A N N U L-  Got A in right place added l but in wrong place. .
A L L O Y4 letter in correct spots!
A L L O W -  Wordle  in 4 guesses.

For more A to Z challenge click here

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip