A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, April 14, 2022

L is for Lima Beans, (E)L Caballo and Llama

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

 Good morning  and welcome to day 12  of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

I don't mean to go to extremes
But the worst food in the world is lima beans 
I do not know who
Thought of those in Peru
But they certainly did not know beans!



Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime



Carlos Lee is definitely in my nick name hall of fame.  They call him El Caballo which is spanish for the horse.  I loved watching El Caballo play for the White Sox from 1999 to 2004. He got traded to the Brewers and I was glad that we got Scottie Pods in that deal and I know that Podsednik was a major part of our World Series Championship but I was still a little sad that Lee left. Lee played in the MLB from 1999 to 2012. He hit 315 of his 358 career home runs from 2000 to 2010.  In that time span, he hit 136 for the White Sox, 110 for the Astros, 60 for the Brewers, and 9 for the Rangers.  



Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.

Some of my a-z wordle opening guesses have multitudes of meaning to me and my family. Llama is one of the most significant.  There was a period of my life when my kids were growing up that I could not keep myself from saying the word llama.  It got so bad that I offered to pay the kids a nickel each time I said the word.  One night they as before bedked me to read some books to them for bedtime, which was big part of our not time routine so I wasn't suspicious until they pulled out books like Is your Mama a Llama, and Llama Llama Red Pajama.  They made some big money that evening!

For the letter K, I opened with Krill and for L I opened with Llama.  I find it interesting that I ended one opener  with a double L and then came back the very next day to start the word with the very same double L

L
L L A M A - got an a in the wrong place
B R E A K-  Placed that A in the right place
S Q U A DAdded a D but in the wrong place. 
D I V A N - Did not find out anything new.
T O D A Y- 5th guess, added t,o, and y and got the word 


For more A to Z challenge click here.  


2 comments:

Dave Roller said...

On the wordle front I started with Llama this morning as my L starter and got the correct in word in 3 guesses

The Dream Girl said...

But I like lima beans lol

Hopping in from the A-Z community,
Dream
https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2022/04/01/anguish/

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip