A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Thursday, April 21, 2022

R is for Race, Reggie and Robin

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

 Good morning and welcome to day 18 of the A to Z challenge. This year I chose 3 themes for the challenge: Limericks, MLB sluggers in my lifetime, and A to Z wordles. For more information about these themes click here


Part I: A to Z Limericks

Yesterday's limerick was pep talk to others in the challenge.  This one's more for me.  

This challenge is quite like a race

It goes by at a blistering pace

Marathon not sprint

Not trying to win it

I'll  finish with grin on my face.

.




Part II: A to Z Homerun hitters of my lifetime




They call Reggie Jackson Mr. October because he excelled on the biggest stage in baseball, The World Series.  That does not mean he has many substandard April through September's by any stretch.  Like Albert Pujols who we discussed on Tuesday Jackson made the top 25 in homeruns for 2 eras in my life.  Today we will be focusing on that 2nd era 1976 through 1987. 

Jackson in a career that spanned from 1967 to 1987 played for 4 major league teams in 5 cities.  (He started with the Kansas City Athletics and finished his playing days with the same team who had since moved to Oakland.  From 1976 to 1987 Jackson hit 309 of his career 563 homers. He hit 144 for the Yankees, 123 for the Angels, 27 for the Orioles, and 15 in his final stint with the Athletics.

Jackson is ranked 14th in career homeruns.  He is ranked 5th between 1976 and 1987 behind Mike Schmidt, Jim Rice, Dave Kingman, and Dale Murphy. Interestingly enough Jackson is ranked above all of them on the all-time list.  







Part III: Wordle Starting Words from A to Z



Note: Correct letters in the correct places will be shown in bold. Correct letters in incorrect places will be shown in italics.



My March 18th starting word was robin.


R O B I  N Robin was not exactly a rockin' way to start with 0 letters guessed correctly.
S T E P S-  Steps had some pep, with S in the correct position and T and E in the final answer.
S L A T E - From here it was a quick trip to
S A U T E - And voila!, Wordle is served in 4 guesses.

For more A to Z challenge click here

 

1 comment:

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

I liked the limerick.

Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: R

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip