A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

First Poem Of The Year

 


I have written my first poem in a while, and it turns out also to be my first poem of the new year.  


Juggling

Why do I juggle?

Why Do I struggle,

with the pressure of every demand?

Why do I struggle?

Why must I juggle

When God has each ball

well in hand?

Why do I stumble?

Why do I grumble

constantly rehashing my plight?

Why do I grumble?

Why must I stumble

instead of choosing to walk

in the light?

Why can't I stop

Juggling and Stumbling

Struggling and Grumbling

Living a life based on fear?

Why cant I give up on 

Trying and Crying

Believing the lying

That I whisper into my ear?


The answers are found in the questions.

Truth is more than suggestions.


Poetry Friday is being hosted this week by Marcie Flinchum Atkins.  Click here to join the fun.  .








2 comments:

Patricia Franz said...

I love the ending "The answers are found in the questions." I remember in my theology program that one definition of God is "the questioning." So there it is. Blessings for a reduced-struggling/juggling year.

Marcie Flinchum Atkins said...

I can definitely relate to that stumbling and grumbling! Thanks for sharing!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip