A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Progressive Poem April 12th

 Some of my fellow poets who contribute at Poetry Friday are working on a progressive poem for April's National Poetry Month.  I signed up for today and then quickly forgot about it.  Thanks for all the reminders on my J post for the A to Z Challenge.


Here is the poem so far with my line on the bottom,

Suddenly everything fell into place

like raindrops hitting soil and sinking in

When morning first poked me, I'd wished it away

my mind in the midst, muddled, confused

Was this a dream, or reality rousing my response?

The sun surged, urging me to join in it's rising.

Rising like a crystal ball reflecting on morning dew.

I jumped out of bed, ready to explore the day

My feet pull me outside and into the garden

Where lillies and bees weave ... but wait what's that?

A bevy of bunnies jart and dart and play in the clover.  

A dog barks and flash, the bunderstorm is over. 



That's my line and I'm sticking to it.  Tomorrow, Irene Latham at Live Your Poem contributes the next line.  


The rest of the participants can be found on the sidebar of Another Year Of Reading.

6 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Jart and dart are wonderful - as is bunderstorm. Thank you~

Linda B said...

Fun in the garden, now you've taken me into another imagined scene. I'm on Sunday, so what will Irene do, then Janice and Jone? Thanks, Dave!

skanny17 said...

Oh these lines are fun and add to the child's outlook. I second Irene's comment! And look forward to where we will go next on this poetry adventure! Thanks, Dave.
Janet Clare F.

Karin Fisher-Golton said...

Wonderful! I love how all those good bunny action words build on the weaving lilies and bees. And that the bunderstorm (great word!) ends with a flash.

Denise Krebs said...

Emma and Dave, what fun action here! A bevy of bunnies! jart and dart -- bunderstorm! So fun!

Carol Varsalona said...

Dave, your newly created word bunderstorm certainly fits after the word flash.

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip